REPORT: Matt Lauer submits letter in response to rape allegation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Variety.com:
Matt Lauer penned a letter on Wednesday morning staunchly denying former NBC News co-worker Brooke Nevils’ allegations that he raped her in his hotel room at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Lauer says the accusation — as detailed in Ronan Farrow’s new book, “Catch and Kill” — is “categorically false, ignores the facts, and defies common sense,” calling the encounter with Nevils an “extramarital affair.” He dismisses the claims as “part of a promotional effort to sell a book.”
The article goes on to state the following:
In the book, obtained by Variety, Nevils said Lauer anally raped her one night in Sochi, Russia. Lauer calls the act “consensual.” “We performed oral sex on each other, we had vaginal sex, and we had anal sex. Each act was mutual and completely consensual,” he writes. Lauer claims the encounter marked the beginning of an affair that continued when they returned to New York.
Lauer’s letter begins as follows:
Over the past two years people have asked why I have not spoken out to defend myself more vigorously against some of the false and salacious allegations leveled at me. It is a fair question and the answer is deeply personal. Despite my desire to set the record straight and confront the individuals making false allegations, I wanted nothing less than to create more headlines my kids would read and a new gathering of photographers at the end of our driveway. So I decided to just stay quiet and work on repairing my relationship with the people I love. It has been the most important full-time job I have ever had.
But my silence has been a mistake….
CLICK HERE to read his entire letter, posted by Variety.
Matt Lauer: “For two years, the women with whom I had extramarital relationships have abandoned shared responsibility, and instead, shielded themselves from blame behind false allegations. … I will no longer provide them the shelter of my silence” https://t.co/Cj3df8b6eV
— Variety (@Variety) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Variety.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- UPDATE: Identity, details emerge on MillerCoors employee who shot dead five colleagues
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Authorities trying to locate hundreds of cruise ship passengers after American traveler tested positive for coronavirus
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- REPORT: Coca-Cola reveals how coronavirus is about to make major impact on their product
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim