REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Pastor Antonio Velasquez says that before the Trump administration announced a crackdown on immigrants using government social services, people lined up before sunrise outside a state office in a largely Latino Phoenix neighborhood to sign up for food stamps and Medicaid.
‘You had to arrive at 3 in the morning, and it might take you until the end of the day,’ he said, pointing behind the office in the Maryvale neighborhood to show how long the lines got.
The article goes on to state the following:
With new rules taking effect Monday that disqualify more people from green cards if they use government benefits, droves of immigrants, including citizens and legal residents, have dropped social services they or their children may be entitled to out of fear they will be kicked out of the U.S., said Velazquez and other advocates.
There was “no one lined up one recent weekday morning,” the report says, and only “a handful of people” were inside.
The new policy aims to determine if immigrants could become a government burden.
The effort is believed to have the effect of potentially reducing immigration.
Watch – in the video below, an immigration proponent describes the administration’s green card policy.
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- About (ratings)