REPORT: Michigan secretary of state fires back at Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson responded to President Trump after he threatened to withhold federal funding to the state over officials mailing out applications for absentee ballots.
President Trump tweeted early on Tuesday claiming that Michigan sent “absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election.” He alleged that the move was done “illegally by a rogue Secretary of State.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Benson responded to the president saying, “Hi! I also have a name, it’s Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia,” in a tweet.
Hi! 👋🏼 I also have a name, it’s Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my GOP colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia. https://t.co/kBsu4nHvOy
— Jocelyn Benson (@JocelynBenson) May 20, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention