REPORT: Multiple workers at facilities housing migrant kids in U.S. custody test positive for coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Three staff members at facilities that care for unaccompanied migrant children in U.S. government custody, as well as one foster parent, have now tested positive for the coronavirus, federal officials said Monday.
The three staff members work at two different facilities in New York that house migrant children in the custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement, or ORR, an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services that is currently responsible for about 3,600 unaccompanied minors. The foster parent is in Washington state, one of the epicenters of the pandemic in the U.S.
The article goes on to state the following:
ORR’s medical team and the affected facilities are coordinating with local public health authorities on “appropriate quarantine measures” stemming from the new cases, agency officials said in a statement to CBS News. The agency said it is also notifying anyone that may have been exposed to the individuals.
The report states that 12 migrant children were tested for coronavirus. Five tests came back negative, and results of the others are still pending.
NEW: Three staff members at facilities that care for unaccompanied migrant children in U.S. custody — as well as one foster parent — have now tested positive for the coronavirus.
— Camilo Montoya-Galvez (@camiloreports) March 23, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results