REPORT: NATO allies spooked by Trump despite White House soothing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Axios:
This week’s NATO meeting in London will be “a celebratory leaders’ meeting,” according to a White House talking point ahead of President Trump’s trip. But European officials aren’t betting on it, and Trump has been privately complaining about France’s President Emmanuel Macron.
Best-case scenario, for Europeans: Trump sticks to the script — taking credit for a stronger NATO and celebrating the fact that the Europeans are spending more on their defense.
The article goes on to state the following:
- “Allies believe they have worked hard to construct a positive narrative that Trump can buy into,” a senior official from a NATO member state told me.
- The official summarized that narrative as “increased defense spending by European allies of $130b since 2016 … plus decrease in U.S. share of NATO budget plus increased high readiness forces.”
- Trump, with the 2020 election coming up, “will want to take credit for that,” the official said. But “allies still very much fear the unpredictability of the president.”
To get more information about this article, please visit Axios. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott