REPORT: ‘No relevance’: DOJ says FISA report doesn’t justify dismissing Michael Flynn case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Justice Department rejected claims by retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn’s lawyers that the agency watchdog’s recent surveillance abuse report contained evidence that would justify dismissing the case against him.
Prosecutors argued on Wednesday that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse report bore “no relevance” to Flynn’s guilt.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The errors and misconduct described in the OIG report … do not amount to ‘egregious government misconduct’ necessitating the dismissal of the charge against the defendant for making material false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation on January 24, 2017,” wrote Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Brandon Van Grack in a court filing.
“Even though the investigation pertains to the abuses of the FISA process, not the FBI and DOJ’s misconduct regarding Mr. Flynn, the IG report simultaneously documents at least some of [the] FISA process abuses and misconduct against Mr. Flynn,” Powell told the court, according to the Examiner. “The IG report is replete with exculpatory evidence that, had it been known to Mr. Flynn, he never would have pled guilty.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: Bloomberg makes shocking statements about ‘black and Latino males’, transgender people
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Border protection officer, family found dead in Florida home in apparent murder-suicide, police say