REPORT: NY Times mocked for ‘women poop’ at work story
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The New York Times was mocked on social media on Tuesday for a story on women’s bathroom habits in the workplace in a piece titled, “Women Poop. At Work. Get It Over.”
“Poop shame is real — and it disproportionately affects women, who suffer from higher rates of irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. In other words, the patriarchy has seeped into women’s intestinal tracts. Let’s call it the pootriarchy,” one paragraph of the story reads.
The article goes on to state the following:
The reaction to the story’s premise, along with an illustration used that includes one woman in a stall with no shoes on and another stall being shared by a man and woman, was swift on social media, mostly from conservatives.
One Twitter user suggested that the Times was trying to get the public to focus on something other than the “botched Kavanaugh debacle,” and another asked what “on earth happens in the NYT restrooms.”
New York Times be like “Quick, think of something to get folks to stop focusing on our botched Kavanaugh debacle! I got it, run this piece.” https://t.co/WgDivSRt4N
— Brandon Darby (@brandondarby) September 17, 2019
we regret to inform you the NYT is at it again pic.twitter.com/WGlH3iKdy0
— Seth Mandel (@SethAMandel) September 17, 2019
Er, what’s happening in this illustration? Did the woman in the stall to the far left need help or something?
And who took their shoes off?
— Jim Geraghty (@jimgeraghty) September 17, 2019
Look, the first and second stalls are concerning in their own right, but I’m most bothered by the third stall: Only a monster would use a public restroom barefoot. https://t.co/hiLIxMdSlH
— Natalie Johnson (@nataliejohnsonn) September 17, 2019
What on earth happens in the NYT restrooms? https://t.co/itJOey1v87
— Jessica Fletcher (@heckyessica) September 17, 2019
Absolutely no one, anywhere, in human history:
NY Times: pic.twitter.com/UxjH19BuyQ
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) September 17, 2019
An actual line from the Paper of Record, ladies and gents pic.twitter.com/rpshcd6Iy3
— Cathy Young (@CathyYoung63) September 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices