REPORT: NYPD chief reveals SHOCKING number of officers who have tested positive for coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
New York’s coronavirus outbreak has also impacted the city’s police force, with more than 200 NYPD employees testing positive for the virus, the police commissioner said Tuesday.
Commissioner Dermot Shea said that 211 NYPD members have tested positive for the virus, including 177 uniformed officers and 34 civilian employees, local station WCBS reported. Shea said that another 2,700 to 2,800 are out sick.
The article goes on to state the following:
New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., with nearly 15,000 confirmed cases in New York City alone.
As of Tuesday evening, there were 25,665 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state of New York, and 210 deaths.
— The Hill (@thehill) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results