REPORT: Obama’s campaign manager warns Democrats to avoid nominating top 2020 candidate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
Former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign manager, Jim Messina, has a message for Democrats seeking to dethrone President Donald Trump in 2020: don’t nominate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).
Messina made the comments in an interview with Politico, published Sunday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“If I were a campaign manager for Donald Trump and I look at the field, I would very much want to run against Bernie Sanders,” Messina said. “I think the contrast is the best. He can say, ‘I’m a business guy, the economy’s good and this guy’s a socialist.’ I think that contrast for Trump is likely one that he’d be excited about in a way that he wouldn’t be as excited about Biden or potentially Mayor Pete or some of the more Midwestern moderate candidates.”
“From a general election perspective, socialism is not going to be what Democrats are going to want to defend,” he continued. “If you’re the Democratic nominee for the Montana Senate race, you don’t want to spend the election talking about socialism.”
— The Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) January 12, 2020
Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign manager is warning that Democrats would struggle in a general election against Donald Trump if Bernie Sanders is the nomineehttps://t.co/tOtELCs2a5
— POLITICO (@politico) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Shocked CNN host bashes Pelosi over behavior
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham compliments Schiff on impeachment presentation [PHOTOS]