REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez explodes on Twitter over potential Senate adjournment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) ripped the Senate after reports that the upper chamber may adjourn for a month after voting on its coronavirus stimulus package, saying it would be “completely dangerous and unacceptable.”
“The Senate might ADJOURN FOR A MONTH after this bill? This is completely dangerous and unacceptable. We HAVE to be able to respond to people’s needs,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Wednesday. “People don’t have this time. Even IF the Senate can even return on the 20th (big IF) that may not be enough time to solve May.”
The article goes on to state the following:
CNN correspondent Manu Raju tweeted earlier in the day that senators have said the chamber will likely adjourn until April 20 after voting on the $2 trillion package Wednesday.
The Senate might ADJOURN FOR A MONTH after this bill?
This is completely dangerous and unacceptable. We HAVE to be able to respond to people’s needs.
People don’t have this time. Even IF the Senate can even return on the 20th (big IF) that may not be enough time to solve May. https://t.co/O5XnubG0l1
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) March 25, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results