REPORT: Pelosi and 14 Dems heading to Madrid for UN climate change convention
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will lead a delegation of congressional Democrats to the United Nations climate change conference in Madrid next week, her office announced Saturday.
Pelosi and 14 other Democrats from both chambers of Congress will attend the 2019 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, also called COP25, her office said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is a privilege to accompany a high-level Congressional delegation to Spain to combat the existential threat of our time: the climate crisis,” Pelosi said in the statement.
The report lists the other Democrats joining Pelosi on the trip as:
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Democratic Reps. Frank Pallone Jr. (N.J.), Eddie Bernice Johnson (Texas), Raúl Grijalva (Ariz.), Kathy Castor (Fla.), Betty McCollum (Minn.), Suzanne Bonamici (Ore.) Julia Brownley (Calif.), Jared Huffman (Calif.), Scott Peters (Calif.), Debbie Dingell (Mich.), Mike Levin (Calif.), Sean Casten (Ill.) and Joseph Neguse (Colo.).
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) November 30, 2019
The Speaker of the House cannot conduct foreign policy or make any agreements with foreign leaders, nor does the Speaker have any sway over treaties as treaties are voted on in the Senate. #NancyPelosi #ClimateActionNow #ClimateChange #ClimateChangeIsReal https://t.co/hTn7zMxV0u
— Andrew Wilkow (@WilkowMajority) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]