REPORT: Pelosi draft plan would allow negotiation on 250 drugs per year
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A draft plan to lower drug prices from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) would allow the secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to negotiate on 250 drugs per year, according to a summary circulating on Capitol Hill and among lobbyists and obtained by The Hill.
The summary of the House Democrats’ signature plan to lower drug prices, one of their top priorities this year, is a bolder proposal than many expected.
The article goes on to state the following:
It says that the prices negotiated by the HHS secretary would apply to the private market as well, not just Medicare, as Democrats often call for. There would also be a steep penalty for drug companies that refused to negotiate with HHS: a fee of 75 percent of the gross sales of the drug in question from the previous year.
Henry Connelly, a Pelosi spokesman, said the speaker’s office continues “to engage members across the caucus as the committees of jurisdiction work to develop the boldest, toughest possible bill to lower prescription drug prices for all Americans.”
According to reporter Lauren Clason, “the Speaker’s office says the version [of the plan that was leaked] is outdated.”
— Adriel Bettelheim (@abettel) September 10, 2019
— Lauren Clason (@LaClason) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested
- BREAKING: ‘Surgery is imminent’: Fox Nation host reveals she’s getting treatment for brain tumor