REPORT: Pelosi, Schumer ask Trump to fly flags at half staff when US reaches certain number of coronavirus deaths
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The top Democrats in Congress are calling on President Trump to order that flags be flown at half staff at all public buildings on the day the U.S. reaches 100,000 deaths caused by the novel coronavirus.
In a letter sent to the president on Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) wrote that the tribute would serve as a “national expression of grief so needed by everyone.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The U.S. could see its total number of coronavirus deaths pass the milestone soon.
As of this report Thursday morning, the United States has 1,594,715 reported cases of coronavirus, and 94,988 deaths attributed to the pandemic.
— The Hill (@thehill) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention