REPORT: Pelosi, Schumer send request to Trump: ‘We believe that you have an historic opportunity’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic leaders urged President Trump to support a House-passed bill expanding background checks for gun purchases.
“We believe that you have an historic opportunity to save lives, simply by reaffirming your clear support for strengthening background checks, which you have publicly supported before, which are supported by more than 90 percent of the public and which are ready to be brought to the Senate Floor,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer wrote to Trump on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump had been in negotiations with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on a measure to expand background checks.
“Unfortunately, there are indications you have reversed your support for passing gun violence prevention legislation,” Pelosi and Schumer wrote. “Sadly, it has been reported that this is because of concerns about your re-election and a desire to appease special interests like the NRA.”
“Leader McConnell has, once again, followed your example, and refused to bring commonsense, bipartisan, life-saving legislation passed by the House to the Floor,” they added.
Trump said Democrats were to blame for the stalled negotiations after they launched the impeachment inquiry, derailing negotiations.
Pelosi and Schumer have sent a letter to Trump urging him to call upon McConnell to take up the “House-passed, bipartisan, commonsense background checks legislation that passed the House 250 days ago this week.”
Here’s the letter: https://t.co/DjZlJmxseD
— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts