REPORT: Police in US city to patrol with drones during coronavirus lockdown
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
A Southern California police department will use drones to monitor the community amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Located south of San Diego, the Chula Vista Police Department has invested in two drones that cost $11,000 each and plan to fit the devices with speakers and night vision cameras after last week Governor Gavin Newsom ordered residents to stay at home to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The article goes on to state the following:
Police attending the scenes of crimes are having to risk their health by getting into close contact with people involved in an incident but the drones – which will join two previously purchased from Chinese company DJI – would give cops an extra pair of eyes from afar.
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Pope weighs in on Floyd protests, violence
- BREAKING: Rosenstein makes huge admission about Carter Page FISA warrant [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Senior Google Employee Appears To Have Assaulted Pro-Life Activist
- EXCLUSIVE: Former INS agent weighs in on police conduct in George Floyd death [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Public Health Experts Sign SHOCKING Letter About Protests Amid Pandemic and What ‘Contributes To COVID-19’