REPORT: Police supporting Trump plan ‘sea of red’ at Minneapolis rally amid outrage over uniform ban
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
WASHINGTON — Minneapolis police officers rankled by a new department policy barring off-duty staff from wearing their uniforms to political events plan to instead swarm President Trump’s Thursday rally with a “sea of red” specialty T-shirts.
The policy change came the day after Trump announced he would host a rally in Minneapolis, and the head of the local police union argues it was a political move meant to favor the city’s Democratic officials. The police department for its part says the policy is about avoiding the appearance of political bias.
The article goes on to state the following:
But instead of the thin blue line appearing behind Trump on Thursday, there will be “a sea red T-shirts,” according to Bob Kroll, president of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis. The shirt features the phrase “Cops for Trump” emblazoned across an American flag in the shape of Minnesota and will be sold both online and at the rally. All proceeds from the shirt sales will go to the union’s charity, Kroll said.
Fury has erupted among officers after the Minneapolis Police Department announced a new policy that prohibits off-duty officers from wearing their uniform to political events.
Kroll said he was informed of the new policy on Sept. 27, just one day after President Trump announced Thursday’s rally at Target Center, and after Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey declared that Trump’s “message of hatred will never be welcome in Minneapolis.”
Here is a shout out to Lt.Bob Kroll of the Msp police department. When forbidden to wear the police uniform to the Trump rally he made t-shirts saying, “cops for Trump”. When Presidents Obama and Clinton came, police could wear their uniforms, now they can’t. What hypocrisy.
— Paul Gazelka (@paulgazelka) October 8, 2019
Minneapolis police union selling “Cops for Trump” T-shirts, in wake of uniform ban https://t.co/CEvsQMSvqP
— Star Tribune (@StarTribune) October 7, 2019
Did you see this?
Minneapolis Police Union Rolls out ‘Cops for Trump’ T-Shirts in Wake of Uniform Ban
— Red Nation Rising (@RedNationRising) October 7, 2019
— Marc Lotter (@marc_lotter) October 7, 2019
Minneapolis has ban their cops from wearing their uniforms when President Trump visits the city this week. So they design their own shirt! #YouRockCop #TWGRP7 🇺🇸 Minneapolis police union selling ‘Cops for Trump’ T-shirts in response to uniform ban https://t.co/ZfcKHLEpSF
— Deborah Welp (@DebWelp) October 7, 2019
The shirt features the phrase “Cops for Trump” emblazoned across an American flag in the shape of Minnesota. https://t.co/QRHLbX22ZG
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- UPDATE: Identity, details emerge on MillerCoors employee who shot dead five colleagues
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Authorities trying to locate hundreds of cruise ship passengers after American traveler tested positive for coronavirus
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- REPORT: Coca-Cola reveals how coronavirus is about to make major impact on their product
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim