REPORT: Prison workers ARE NOT doing what Cuomo said they’d do, inmates reveal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said prison laborers would be brewing hand sanitizer for the state during the coronavirus outbreak, but prison workers claim that’s not the case.
Prison workers at Great Meadow Correctional Facility, the facility Cuomo said would be making its own hand sanitizer, told Vice News they were actually taking pre-made hand sanitizer and pouring it into bottles labeled with the “New York State Clean” brand.
The article goes on to state the following:
A representative for the New York Department of Corrections told the outlet the hand sanitizer was coming from an outside vendor but declined to identify it.
On March 9, Cuomo said prison labor would be making hand sanitizer so that it would be cheaper for the state.
He even bragged about its quality and unique scent.
“We are making it the state of New York,” Cuomo said.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 9, 2020
Vice News reports that a worker revealed that they are filling gallon-sized bottles and adding the state’s logo, not producing the product itself.
#Cuomo mentioning #NYS making hand sanitizer w prison labor & pol complaining. The complaint isn’t that incarcerated ppl are working. It’s that they aren’t paid fairly. Wages are less than $1 an hr. https://t.co/1Eh65tdFRr
— Maya Wiley (@mayawiley) March 20, 2020
What the hell? https://t.co/fKw2IZI0dP
— Radley Balko (@radleybalko) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results