REPORT: Report Says Sanctions On Iran Are Threatening Their Military’s Funds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
President Trump’s plan to squeeze the Iranian regime dry of funds is working well, apparently. According to Fox News, documents reviewed by National Security Council officials reveal that pension funds in Iran may face an imminent collapse, including the pension funds for all of Iran’s armed forces.
That might precipitate the military to reconsider its long-standing support of the Iranian theocratic regime. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told “Fox News Sunday,” “They have fewer resources. We can see it with the Shia militias in Iraq. They’re scrambling for resources. We think the Iranian government will shrink, that their GDP will shrink by as much as 12 or 14 percent this year. This will reduce their capacity to purchase the things they need, the equipment they need, the materials they need, to inflict terror around the world.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Fox News notes, “The impact has been so severe that of the 18 existing retirement funds in Iran, 17 are in the red, according to these documents. As much as 80 percent of Iran’s retirement funds rely on government subsidies, which the documents refer to as unsustainable for not just pensions but for food products, drugs and fuel.”
Fox reports that the impact has been “so severe” that 17 of the 18 existing retirement funds in Iran, are in the red.
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- Man tries to bribe wheelchair-bound woman after sexually assaulting her
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island