REPORT: Resolution to expel Nancy Pelosi introduced in House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A Louisiana Republican congressman introduced a resolution Tuesday to expel Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., from the House of Representatives, the latest sign that frustration in the GOP is building as Democrats continue their impeachment inquiry against President Trump.
Rep. Ralph Abraham’s resolution stands no realistic chance of passing in the Democratic-controlled House. Likewise, Republicans have argued that Democrats’ potential articles of impeachment are all but certain to stall if they ever reach the Senate.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Nancy Pelosi’s vicious crusade against our lawfully-elected President is nothing more than a politically-motivated witch hunt and it must be stopped,” Abraham said in a statement. “She has disgraced the people’s House and weaponized the Speaker’s gavel for her party’s political gain.”
“I have introduced a resolution calling for her to be expelled from the House and for the Speaker’s Office to be vacated,” he continued.
Read his full statement below:
Abraham Calls for Expulsion of Nancy Pelosi
WASHINGTON – Congressman Ralph Abraham, M.D., R-Alto, today called for the expulsion of Representative Nancy Pelosi from the U.S. House of Representatives and introduced a House resolution to that effect. The resolution, H. Res. 620, would also vacate the Office of the Speaker of the House.
“Nancy Pelosi’s vicious crusade against our lawfully-elected President is nothing more than a politically-motivated witch hunt and it must be stopped. She has disgraced the people’s House and weaponized the Speaker’s gavel for her party’s political gain,” said Abraham. “House Democrats spent nearly three years obsessed with election meddling only to dwarf any such efforts with their own deceitful plan to nullify the 2016 election and prevent President Trump from winning in 2020. I have introduced a resolution calling for her to be expelled from the House and for the Speaker’s Office to be vacated.”
Because expelling members of the House and vacating the Speaker’s Office are considered matters internal to the House, they do not require the consent of the Senate or the President.
To read the text of the resolution, click here.
— Dr. Ralph Abraham (@DocAbraham) October 8, 2019
Today I introduced a resolution to expel Nancy Pelosi from the House of Representatives. This witch hunt has to end. https://t.co/2hfvkG711V
— Rep. Ralph Abraham (@RepAbraham) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- UPDATE: Identity, details emerge on MillerCoors employee who shot dead five colleagues
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Authorities trying to locate hundreds of cruise ship passengers after American traveler tested positive for coronavirus
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- REPORT: Coca-Cola reveals how coronavirus is about to make major impact on their product
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim