REPORT: Royal Split – New divorce in the royal family announced
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ETONLINE.COM:
It continues to be a trying year for the royal family. Amid Prince Andrew’s ongoing drama and in the aftermath of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal exit, Queen Elizabeth II’s grandson, Peter Phillips, announced that he has separated from his wife of 11 years, Autumn, and they are planning to divorce.
Peter, 42, and Autumn, 41, tied the knot at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle in 2008 — where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbanks both had their royal weddings in 2018.
The article goes on to state the following:
Peter, who is son of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips, has two daughters with Autumn, 9-year-old Savannah and 7-year-old Isla.
Autumn who is Canadian, will remain in Gloucestershire, England, ITV reported.
The spokesperson said: “They had reached the conclusion that this was the best course of action for their two children and ongoing friendship.
“The decision to divorce and share custody came about after many months of discussions and, although sad, is an amicable one.
“The couple’s first priority will remain the continued well-being and upbringing of their wonderful daughters, Savannah and Isla.
“Both families were naturally sad at the announcement, but fully supportive of Peter and Autumn in the joint decision to co-parent their children.”
“Both Peter and Autumn have remained in Gloucestershire to bring up their two children where they have been settled for a number of years.”
The couple is requesting privacy.
The Sun tweeted: “Dan Wootton [(Sun Executive Editor)]: ‘Peter Phillips’s divorce is the last thing the monarchy needs right now.'”
Dan Wootton: ‘Peter Phillips’s divorce is the last thing the monarchy needs right now’ https://t.co/dnx0GoDYqw
— The Sun (@TheSun) February 10, 2020
National Post: “The end of a Canadian fairytale: Queen Elizabeth’s grandson Peter Phillips and wife Autumn to divorce.”
The end of a Canadian fairytale: Queen Elizabeth’s grandson Peter Phillips and wife Autumn to divorce https://t.co/HozkUrkqku
— National Post (@nationalpost) February 11, 2020
— Victoria Arbiter (@victoriaarbiter) February 10, 2020
READ: Statement from Queen’s grandson Peter Phillips and wife Autumn’s about their sadness at marriage split. https://t.co/ixkIK3g4HF
— Chris Ship (@chrisshipitv) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ETONLINE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: Judge Napolitano on Roger Stone case: Only one thing can undo this mess
- VIDEO: Bloomberg makes shocking statements about ‘black and Latino males’, transgender people
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote