REPORT: ‘Socialist’ candidate first to qualify for Maine’s 2020 primary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) became the first candidate to qualify for the Maine Democratic presidential primary on Monday, his campaign announced in a press release.
The Sanders campaign said Monday that the Vermont senator had submitted 2,800 signatures from supporters in the state, 800 more than the number required for primary ballot access.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Senator Sanders has unmatched grassroots support making him one of the most competitive candidates not only in Maine, but across the country,” said Maine state Rep. Ben Collings (D), who has endorsed the Sanders campaign. “This volunteer-led effort places Senator Sanders on the ballot faster than any other candidate in the 2020 race, showing the strength of our movement in the Pine Tree State which will propel us to victory on March 3rd.”
Sanders trails the Democratic frontrunner in the race, former Vice President Joe Biden, in most nationwide polls.
— The Hill (@thehill) December 2, 2019
— Portland Press Herald (@PressHerald) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott