REPORT: Supreme Court session begins without ill conservative justice
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was reportedly absent from the bench Monday as the court reconvened for its new term.
Chief Justice John Roberts said in his opening remarks that Thomas was “indisposed” due to an illness but said the conservative judge would still be participating in deciding the three cases the court is hearing arguments about, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
Thomas, 71, was appointed to the court in 1991. He is the longest-serving justice on the court and one of its most conservative justices.
Specific details on Thomas’s illness was not provided.
Justice Clarence Thomas was absent from the bench as the Supreme Court officially began its new term. At the open of proceedings, Chief Justice John Roberts said Thomas “was unable to be present today” and is “indisposed because of illness.” @ABCPolitics
— Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) October 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback