REPORT: Task force coordinator makes announcement on ‘breakthrough’ coronavirus test kits
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The coronavirus task force response coordinator said Monday that new self-swab coronavirus tests will become available later this week.
“There was a breakthrough today for those of you waiting for ‘self-swabbing’ options. Those are going to be available some time later this week to be able for individuals to do their own test,” Deborah Birx said during Monday’s White House press briefing.
The article goes on to state the following:
So far, over 250,000 people have been given coronavirus tests and have received their results, but there is still a widespread shortage of diagnostic tests. Self-swab tests would allow people to use a nasal swab while in their homes self-isolating. They would then bring the sample to a clinic or drive-through test site and receive their results that same day.
Vice President Mike Pence said, “This will expedite the testing process, of course, but it will also reduce the risk to healthcare providers for exposure to the coronavirus and it’ll minimize the drain on personal protective equipment.”
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results