REPORT: Task force coordinator makes announcement on ‘breakthrough’ coronavirus test kits

MARCH 23, 2020

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:

The coronavirus task force response coordinator said Monday that new self-swab coronavirus tests will become available later this week.

“There was a breakthrough today for those of you waiting for ‘self-swabbing’ options. Those are going to be available some time later this week to be able for individuals to do their own test,” Deborah Birx said during Monday’s White House press briefing.

The article goes on to state the following:

So far, over 250,000 people have been given coronavirus tests and have received their results, but there is still a widespread shortage of diagnostic tests. Self-swab tests would allow people to use a nasal swab while in their homes self-isolating. They would then bring the sample to a clinic or drive-through test site and receive their results that same day.

Vice President Mike Pence said, “This will expedite the testing process, of course, but it will also reduce the risk to healthcare providers for exposure to the coronavirus and it’ll minimize the drain on personal protective equipment.”

 


To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *