REPORT: Texas Democrats unveil ‘path to victory’ plan for 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Texas Democrats are launching a coordinated effort to increase voter turnout as they look to turn the state blue in races up and down the ballot next year.
The party’s “path to victory” plan, released Monday, is centered on expanding the vote by registering 2.6 million Texans and coordinating campaigns across the state ahead of the 2020 election.
The article goes on to state the following:
“At the Texas Democratic Party, we know that to win we must build a state party infrastructure larger than anyone has ever seen,” Texas Democratic Party deputy executive Cliff Walker said in a statement.
“Change is coming to Texas — a new wave of activists and progressive candidates demand it. They’re fired up about affordable healthcare, ending gun violence, reversing climate change, and protecting our diverse communities,” he added.
CLICK HERE to read more. Below is the full plan released on Twitter by the Texas Democrats.
Texas is the biggest battleground state in the country. At the Texas Democratic Party, we know that to win we must build a state party infrastructure larger than anyone has ever seen.
We’re Going To Flip Texas! Here’s How >>>https://t.co/yVYnopK1De
— Texas Democrats (@texasdemocrats) September 9, 2019
Texas is a swing-state. Voter turnout is on the rise, women and people of color are registering at an unprecedented rate, and Democrats are pushing back hard against GOP-led voter suppression efforts. https://t.co/1Aheadrp3E
— Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (@DLCC) September 9, 2019
— Candice Quarles🍬 (@CandiceQuarles) September 9, 2019
Part of the plan focuses on registering 2.6 million Texans the party said are likely to vote Democratic if registered https://t.co/BCMG1didEl
— The Hill (@thehill) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Warren issues response to letter from Native American tribes [READ THE LETTER]
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs