REPORT: Texas man shot dead after pointing fake gun at police
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Police say officers fatally shot a 33-year-old North Texas man after he pointed a gun at them that was later found to be fake.
The shooting happened Saturday at a RaceTrac convenience store in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton. A police statement says officers responded to a report of a man armed with a gun passed out in his car.
The article goes on to state the following:
Police say they repeatedly tried to awaken the man with a loudspeaker. After that failed, officers protecting themselves with ballistic shields approached, opened the car door and roused him.
Police shot the man after he raised exited the car and raised the fake gun toward officers, authorities say.
Man killed in officer-involved shooting in Carrollton, police say https://t.co/3AwEkLpAu1
— Dallas Morning News (@dallasnews) October 6, 2019
“North Texas Man Points Fake Gun at Police, Shot Dead” by The Associated Press via NYT https://t.co/jGrn34nHlW
— Deonna Fehn (@deonnain) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race