REPORT: ‘That is discrimination’: Two transgender women sue Florida. Here’s why
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Two transgender women have sued Florida over a law that prohibits state employer-provided health plans from covering gender reassignment or modification services.
Jami Claire, 62, and Kathryn Lane, 38, argue that Florida state healthcare policy violates the Constitution and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. They have partnered with several organizations, including the ACLU of Florida and Southern Legal Counsel, in the suit.
The article goes on to state the following:
Their lawsuit, filed in the Northern District of Florida, argues that both Claire and Lane’s gender dysphoria, a condition where one feels distress because of a psychological disconnect between their gender identity and biological sex, have worsened because they have had to delay transition-related care.
“We brought this lawsuit because all people need access to medical care. This is not about special treatment; this is about equal treatment,” said the suits head counsel, Simone Chriss. “Transgender state employees are singled out and explicitly denied coverage for one reason: They are transgender. That is discrimination, and it cannot stand.”
— Changing America (@ChangingAmerica) January 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts