REPORT: Top FBI man who leaked secrets spent thousands to boost online reputation before name revealed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A former top FBI official found by the Justice Department’s watchdog to have leaked secretive investigation details to journalists likely spent thousands on online reputation services just before an inspector general’s report about him was released.
Bryan Paarmann, 53, former deputy assistant director of the FBI’s international operations division from 2016 to 2017, likely paid more than $5,000 to Net Reputation, which says its purpose is to help customers “take control of your online reputation” by “working with the most trusted team in the reputation industry.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The former counterterrorism special agent appears to have paid the business to build him a website that praises him for his decadeslong career at the FBI and to write and promote a similarly effusive article about him.
The report states, “Paarmann’s identity was revealed in a 21-page report obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request last Friday. DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz determined Paarmann “improperly disclosed court-sealed and law enforcement sensitive information to the media,” in violation of FBI rules.”
The Justice Department ultimately decided not to prosecute Paarmann for the leaks.
Bryan Paarmann allegedly spent thousands to promote himself.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts