REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Trump administration sent dozens of letters to landowners living on the U.S.-Mexico border, warning them that federal officials plan to survey their land to build new sections of border wall.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has been preparing to use eminent domain, which allows the federal government to seize private property for public use, to forcibly buy up land along the U.S. southern border since last year. The Department of Defense has now sent warnings of potential seizures to landowners in California, New Mexico, and Texas, according to CNN.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The Right of Entry letter grants the government permission to enter specified private lands to conduct environmental assessments, property surveys, appraisals, geotechnical and other exploratory work to facilitate future land acquisition and construction of a border barrier on those lands,” U.S. Army spokeswoman Cheryle Rivas said in an email.
The email continues, “Should the landowner decide not to sign the Right of Entry letter, the Army may refer the matter to the U.S. Department of Justice to initiate a condemnation for court-ordered temporary access to the property.”
.@DeptofDefense has now sent warnings of potential land seizures to property owners in California, New Mexico, and Texas. @CBP has been preparing to use eminent domain to forcibly buy up land along the U.S. southern border since last year.https://t.co/8q66xpY3dw
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) November 22, 2019
The Trump administration has sent letters to dozens of residences in California, New Mexico and Texas notifying owners that the government is going to survey their land for future border barriers, according to two US defense officials https://t.co/Dc3NGCRqnK
— CNN (@CNN) November 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses