REPORT: Trump amuses/irritates with tweet mocking Chuck Todd, NBC show
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Monday praised Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) for his appearance a day earlier on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” where anchor Chuck Todd questioned the senator for pushing the unsubstantiated claim that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election.
“Thank you to Great Republican @SenJohnKennedy for the job he did in representing both the Republican Party and myself against Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd on Meet the Depressed!” Trump tweeted.
The article goes on to state the following:
Kennedy has been part of controversial interviews each of the past two Sundays after making claims about Ukraine’s involvement in the 2016 election.
“The fact that Russia was so aggressive does not exclude the fact that President Poroshenko actively worked for Secretary Clinton,” Kennedy said Sunday.
Twitter users were both disappointed and amused by the president’s tweets. Examples follow.
Thank you to Great Republican @SenJohnKennedy for the job he did in representing both the Republican Party and myself against Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd on Meet the Depressed!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2019
credit where due, “meet the depressed” is pretty funny https://t.co/4yidOraIAq
— rat king (@MikeIsaac) December 2, 2019
I figured “Meet the Depressed” trending would have something to do with mental health awareness.
Consider me disappointed. pic.twitter.com/f8PmSQKRu3
— C. Lanning (@CourtLanning) December 2, 2019
Meet the Depressed
Fox News Glumday
Face the Damnation
Sad of the Union
— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) December 2, 2019
Trump: “Meet the Depressed.”
Every person in media: “Hold my Lexapro.”
— Brooke Rogers 🌻 (@bkerogers) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses