REPORT: Trump Moves Ahead With U.S.-Japan Trade Pact That Eases Some Tariffs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
The two sides had earlier said that they expected to sign the deal at the United Nations General Assembly in New York this month. By sending formal notification to Congress, Mr. Trump can now move forward with signing that agreement. The congressional letter didn’t spell out the terms of the deal.
The U.S. and Japan have kept the scope of the talks limited to avoid the need for Congress to vote on the deal. In the letter, the Trump administration left open the possibility of doing a “comprehensive trade agreement” in the future and said it would continue to collaborate with Congress on future negotiations.
The article goes on to state the following:
A deal in which Tokyo lowers its agricultural tariffs could allow U.S. farmers to better compete in Japan. American agricultural exporters have been disadvantaged in the Japanese market ever since Mr. Trump pulled out of the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership at the beginning of his presidency.
Trump says he reached interim trade deal with Japan, but details remain scarce https://t.co/emW4V33U5A
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) September 17, 2019
.@POTUS is winning for our farmers and ranchers by forcing open the huge Japanese market to billions of dollars of US ag products. I look forward to studying the complete details, which I hope will lead to a comprehensive agreement that provides wins across our entire economy.
— Rep. Kevin Brady (@RepKevinBrady) September 17, 2019
NEW: Trump says the U.S. has reached an initial trade agreement with Japan pic.twitter.com/rz8zG6wEJQ
— Bloomberg TicToc (@tictoc) September 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- DML: First Stop on TEAM DML National Tour announced
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Bolton advised ex-Trump aide over Ukraine ‘pressure campaign’: NYT
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts