REPORT: Trump sends blistering tweet, threatens to withhold funding from Michigan over what they just did
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Wednesday threatened to withhold federal funding to Michigan after the state’s Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (D) announced all of the state’s registered voters would receive applications for absentee ballots in the mail this year.
Trump charged that the step was done “illegally” and threatened to withhold funding if the state did not reverse course, suggesting the move would encourage voter fraud.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Breaking: Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning. “This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL RESULTS: How you feel about mail-in voting
- VIDEO: War memorial vandalized with red paint: ‘Whoever did this. Please leave. Today.’ (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Hillary STUNS with Memorial Day message ignoring military and supporting Dem governor
- REPORT: California makes announcement on reopening places of worship, in-store retail shopping
- REPORT: CNN Commentator: Trump ‘Not Healthy’ — ‘He Is Not Well’ at the Worst Possible Time
- REPORT: GOP Senate chairmen ask DOJ for records on former DNC consultant