REPORT: Trump speaks on AG Barr’s handling of the Roger Stone case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Wednesday celebrated Attorney General Bill Barr for “taking charge” of the case against Roger Stone, questioning whether the charges should have been brought against his longtime associate and friend in the first place.
“Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.
Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought. Evidence now clearly shows that the Mueller Scam was improperly brought & tainted. Even Bob Mueller lied to Congress!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2020
The article goes on to state the following:
The message came one day after leaders at the Department of Justice (DOJ) reduced the prison recommendation for Stone after career federal prosecutors handling his case had recommended he serve between seven and nine years in jail for lying to Congress and witness tampering. The department told a federal judge in a filing that the earlier recommendation “does not accurately reflect the Department of Justice’s position” and asked that the sentence imposed be “far less.”
The move, which came hours after Trump publicly objected to the sentence recommendation in a tweet by calling it a “miscarriage of justice” that should not be allowed, raised questions about the politicization of the Justice Department. Triggering further scrutiny, all four prosecutors handling Stone’s case withdrew from the case Tuesday afternoon without explanation.
This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice! https://t.co/rHPfYX6Vbv
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- OpEd: Bernie Sanders may have just lost Florida to President Trump
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: Ex-ambassador responds to Biden’s claim of getting arrested in South Africa
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- VIDEO: Cops name ‘extremely dangerous’ twice-deported suspect wanted for cemetery murders
- REPORT: Police told a mother her DNA would identify a dead relative. They arrested her son instead.
- VIDEO: Biden threatens gun manufacturers in fiery town hall speech
- TRUMP TWEET: Shares hilarious edited video of himself holding ‘Mini Mike’
Send this to a friend