REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A pair of former chairmen of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) — Democratic Reps. Emanuel Cleaver (Mo.) and G.K. Butterfield (N.C.) — endorsed Joe Biden’s 2020 bid this week, demonstrating the former vice president’s strong ties to the black community.
Butterfield told The Associated Press in an interview published Thursday that he did not believe Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) or Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) could win his home state of North Carolina in a general election against President Trump because their policies were too progressive.
The article goes on to state the following:
“[Biden] can connect with the average American — black, white or brown,” Butterfield told the news service. “Warren and Sanders cannot win North Carolina.”
“I have great respect for both of them, but they cannot win North Carolina. Joe Biden can,” he said.
In a separate interview with the AP, Emanuel Cleaver said that he told Biden that states like Missouri would be must-win in 2020.
“I told him, ’If you are the nominee, you have to campaign everywhere; you cannot surrender any geography to Mr. Trump,’” Cleaver said. “He assured me he will not do that.”
— The Hill (@thehill) September 19, 2019
— Tal Axelrod (@talstales) September 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- DML: First Stop on TEAM DML National Tour announced
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: Megyn Kelly returning to Fox News as a….
- BREAKING: Bolton advised ex-Trump aide over Ukraine ‘pressure campaign’: NYT
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny