REPORT: UK police: Suspect in attack had served time for terrorism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
LONDON (AP) — UK counterterrorism police on Saturday searched for clues into how a man imprisoned for terrorism offenses before his release last year managed to stab several people before being tackled by bystanders and shot dead by officers on London Bridge. Two people were killed and three wounded.
Neil Basu, London’s police counterterrorism chief, said 28-year-old Usman Khan was attending a program that works to educate prisoners when he launched Friday’s attack just yards from the site of a deadly 2017 van and knife rampage.
The article goes on to state the following:
Basu said the suspect appeared to be wearing a bomb vest but it turned out to be “a hoax explosive device.” Police said they were treating the stabbings as a terrorist attack and were not actively looking for other suspects.
The AP also reports that Khan was convicted in 2012 of terrorism related offenses but was released in 2018.
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses