REPORT: Ukraine’s Zelenskiy speaks out on truth and the “disastrous mistake” Iran made
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
KIEV (Reuters) – The findings by Ukrainian experts in Iran meant that the truth about the crash of a Ukrainian passenger plane could not be concealed, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said in a televised address on Saturday.
He also said he had agreed with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on the beginning of joint work on decoding the black boxes of the Ukrainian plane that was shot down this week. He also urged Ukraine’s international partners to be united and persistent until the investigation was complete.
The article goes on to state the following:
Iran said on Saturday its military had shot down a Ukrainian plane killing all 176 aboard in a “disastrous mistake”, saying air defenses were fired in error while on alert after Iranian missile strikes on U.S. targets in Iraq.
Zelinskiy said, “The morning was not good today but it brought the truth.”
“We hope further investigations will be done without artificial delays and obstacles,” he added.
63 Canadians, 82 Iranians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans, and three British nationals were killed in the tragic downing of the passenger plane.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also said Iran must be held accountable for shooting down the civilian airliner.
Ukraine’s President Zelenskiy demanded a full investigation and compensation from Iran.https://t.co/1Hx2my4KsR
— DW News (@dwnews) January 11, 2020
Seen a few people tweeting/asking about compensation (something Zelenskiy demanded also). In a statement earlier today, Rouhani said he ordered gov. agencies to compensate families pic.twitter.com/Z3l9Zur9Gp
— Siraj Datoo (@dats) January 11, 2020
“The morning was not good today but it brought the truth.”
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy urged Iran to conduct a “complete and open investigation” after Iran admitted to shooting down a jetliner carrying 176 people https://t.co/359kvxjXmJ
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) January 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices