REPORT: US death toll rises as severe storm pummels south
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
BENTON, La. — Authorities say at least seven people have died as severe storms sweep across parts of the U.S. South, bringing high winds and unrelenting rain.
The National Weather Service in Birmingham, Alabama, said Saturday via Twitter that three people have been confirmed killed near Carrollton in Pickens County. The Alabama Emergency Management Agency said that an “embedded tornado within a long line of intense thunderstorms” caused the deaths.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier Saturday, firefighters found the bodies of an elderly couple Saturday near their demolished trailer, the Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office said via Facebook. The winds were so strong that the home was moved 200 feet from its foundation.
The couple, along with a 75-year-old Raymond Holden was killed in bed when the tree fell on his home and crushed him, brings the storm-related death toll in the state to three.
A significant winter storm is moving through parts of the northern US, a severe weather risk unfolds tonight in the South, and late evening temperatures are already in the teens below zero in the Dakotas.
Florida looks nice though, right? pic.twitter.com/I7uwTWnVi5
— NWS Sioux Falls (@NWSSiouxFalls) January 11, 2020
The National Weather Service reports three storm-related deaths in Alabama, bringing the number of people killed following severe storms to at least seven. https://t.co/CpO59tUyp2
— WKRG (@WKRG) January 11, 2020
Storm system sweeping across country blamed for 3 deaths in NW Louisiana.
* Already over 300 severe weathere reports
* Tornado watches from Ala to Tenn
* Major ice storm expected in E Mich and northern NY
* Record warmth ahead of storm along East Coasthttps://t.co/rPdZYya2CW
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) January 11, 2020
MOB updates Marine Warning [waterspout: POSSIBLE, wind: 50 KTS, hail: 0.00 IN] (cancels North Mobile Bay [GM], continues Coastal waters from Pensacola FL to Pascagoula MS out 20 NM, South Mobile Bay [GM]) till 1:30 PM CST https://t.co/GZGG1mJTxD
— Mississippi Storm Center (@MSStormCntr) January 11, 2020
Authorities say at least four people have died after severe storms swept across parts of the South. https://t.co/jR3eB2Ztrj
— The Associated Press (@AP) January 11, 2020
The storm is expected to bring severe weather such as Flooding and ice and snow to states both North and South in the U.S. Over 40 Million people are on Flood watch from Texas to states like Missouri. Warnings are being issuesd for everyone to be prepared pic.twitter.com/5rjdvCwA6c
— My Mixtapez (@mymixtapez) January 11, 2020
⚠TORNADO WARNING for SE Fayette County until 1230 PM. Storm capable of a tornado is located south of Bankston, moving NE toward Berry & Alta. Take shelter NOW! pic.twitter.com/Hlsx86g0eh
— NWS Birmingham (@NWSBirmingham) January 11, 2020
Storm Prediction Center maintaining an expansive severe weather risk area going into the afternoon. Significant tornado potential remains highest over Central/South Alabama. #MSwx #ALwx #FLWX #TNwx #GAwx #KYwx pic.twitter.com/X52r0jb7RK
— Tyler Smith (@TylerSmithWX) January 11, 2020
Last hour of radar shows the storm line sweeping across the MS Coast.
— Wesley Williams (@WesWilliamsII) January 11, 2020
“Folks on the South and East side of (DeSoto) Co experienced damage. We have some reports of injuries. Our emergency responders and road crews have been out since the storm hit. Board of Supervisors is declaring a State of Emergency in order to authorize more help.” -Mark Gardner pic.twitter.com/lnJAHdFgew
— Tony Sloan FOX13 Memphis (@TonySloanTV) January 11, 2020
— Brett Buffington (@BrettKHOU) January 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts