REPORT: US: Saudis Recruited Twitter Workers to Spy on Users
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
SAN FRANCISCO — The Saudi government recruited two Twitter employees to get personal account information of their critics, prosecutors said Wednesday.
A complaint unsealed in U.S. District Court in San Francisco detailed a coordinated effort by Saudi government officials to recruit employees at the social media giant to look up the private data of thousands of Twitter accounts.
The article goes on to state the following:
It also alleged that the employees — whose jobs did not require access to Twitter users’ private information — were rewarded with a designer watch and tens of thousands of dollars funneled into secret bank accounts. They were charged with acting as agents of Saudi Arabia without registering with the U.S. government.
A popular journalist with over 1 million followers and other prominent government critics were targeted.
BREAKING: U.S. prosecutors: Saudis recruited two Twitter employees to get personal account information of critics. https://t.co/9vN0hubR0g
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 6, 2019
WHOA: Two former Twitter employees have been charged by the DOJ with spying for Saudi Arabia by digging into critics of the royal family.
One is accused of accessing personal info of more than 6,000 Twitter accounts in 2015 on behalf of Saudi Arabia. https://t.co/SzysiqNlLu
— Olivia Beavers (@Olivia_Beavers) November 6, 2019
BREAKING: U.S. charges 2 former Twitter employees in plot to provide information about users to the Saudi government – DOJ
— BNO News (@BNONews) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- BREAKING: CAPTURED: ‘Armed and dangerous’ suspect, 30, is caught and charged with kidnapping UFC fighter’s 19-year-old stepdaughter
- VIDEO: GOP Rep. says impeachment hearings should be postponed due to new development