REPORT: Volker pressed on why he repeatedly scheduled meetings at Trump hotel
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Kurt Volker, the former U.S. envoy to Ukraine, was pressed by an investigator for House Democrats on why he repeatedly scheduled meetings at President Trump’s hotel in Washington, D.C., with other figures now at the center of the impeachment investigation, a transcript of Volker’s deposition released Tuesday shows.
The former Trump administration official was asked early last month about meetings at the president’s hotel in downtown D.C., including a July 19 breakfast with Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer who was leading efforts to pressure the Ukrainian government to open investigations sought by Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
Daniel Noble, senior counsel for House Intelligence Committee Democrats, asked about his knowledge of Parnas and his involvement in introducing Giuliani to Ukrainian officials.
When Noble asked why Volker had selected the Trump hotel, he said it was, “Because I was guessing that’s where Rudy was going to be staying, so that would be the easiest thing to do.”
The committee also released excerpts from former special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker, who says he told Giuliani that allegations against Joe Biden were “not credible.”
He also mentioned meeting Lev Parnas at the Trump Hotel.
— Bloomberg TicToc (@tictoc) November 5, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts