REPORT: Wheels begin to turn on self-driving car legislation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Congress has yet to roll out comprehensive legislation that would create federal standards for self-driving cars this year, but the wheels have started turning on new efforts to draw up policy.
Movement on the issue follows pressure from industry groups and agencies that have been pushing for government guidelines to address the testing and use of autonomous vehicles.
The article goes on to state the following:
Both the Senate Commerce Committee and House Energy and Commerce Committee have been soliciting feedback on language for legislation around self-driving cars in recent months, but as of this week, no bills have been introduced this Congress. This lack of legislation contrasts last year’s governing body, when the House passed the Safely Ensuring Lives Future Deployment and Research In Vehicle Evolution (SELF DRIVE) Act within the first year, a bill that would have created federal standards for autonomous vehicles.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses