TRUMP TWEETS: ‘If my hands were tied…’ Trump sends message on ‘Iran War Powers Resolution’
In a Wednesday tweet, Trump wrote:
“It is very important for our Country’s SECURITY that the United States Senate not vote for the Iran War Powers Resolution. We are doing very well with Iran and this is not the time to show weakness. Americans overwhelmingly support our attack on terrorist Soleimani.
“If my hands were tied, Iran would have a field day. Sends a very bad signal. The Democrats are only doing this as an attempt to embarrass the Republican Party. Don’t let it happen!”
The White House on Wednesday threatened to veto a resolution making its way through Congress that would curb President Trump’s ability to direct military action against Iran without congressional authorization.
Driving the news: The Senate is now holding debates on the resolution after a majority voted 51-45 to advance the measure. Eight Republicans joined Democrats in voting in favor of it, signaling the measure could pass with bipartisan support.
What they’re saying: The White House argues the bill “fails to account for present reality,” since it was introduced on Jan. 9 “in response to an escalating series of attacks” by Iran.
….If my hands were tied, Iran would have a field day. Sends a very bad signal. The Democrats are only doing this as an attempt to embarrass the Republican Party. Don’t let it happen!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2020
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- OpEd: Bernie Sanders may have just lost Florida to President Trump
- VIDEO: Ex-ambassador responds to Biden’s claim of getting arrested in South Africa
- VIDEO: Cops name ‘extremely dangerous’ twice-deported suspect wanted for cemetery murders
- REPORT: Police told a mother her DNA would identify a dead relative. They arrested her son instead.
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- TRUMP TWEET: Shares hilarious edited video of himself holding ‘Mini Mike’