UPDATE: Japan reports 1st death from virus, DOZENS more cases on ship
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
TOKYO (AP) — Japan announced Thursday its first death from a new virus from China, hours after confirming 44 more cases on a cruise ship quarantined near Tokyo as fears of the spreading disease mount in the country.
Health Minister Katsunobu Kato said the first fatality is a woman in her 80s who had been hospitalized since Feb. 1 when she was diagnosed with pneumonia. Her confirmed diagnosis came after her death, he said. The woman, a resident of Kanagawa prefecture near Tokyo, was the mother-in-law of a taxi driver who also became a newly confirmed case, Japanese media reported. Health Ministry officials declined to confirm a relationship at the request of her family.
The article goes on to state the following:
Officials also confirmed two other cases, a doctor in his 50s who works at a hospital in western Japan and a man in his 20s who lives in Chiba, near Tokyo. None had a record of traveling abroad in recent weeks or contacts with Chinese — a possible sign that the virus is spreading inside the country.
— Reuters (@Reuters) February 12, 2020
-China death toll at 1,355
-Confirmed China cases soar to 60,000
-China replaces top official at center of outbreak
-Japan has 44 more cases on cruise ship, total now at 218 https://t.co/f7nIT1IOxi pic.twitter.com/DfoSCLNnzl
— Bloomberg (@business) February 13, 2020
An elderly Japanese woman with no overseas travel history has died from the coronavirus, marking the first fatality in Japan and raising concerns about infection among the local population.#coronavirushttps://t.co/Ht8b9VhkfX
— Nikkei Asian Review (@NAR) February 13, 2020
Japan’s health ministry says 44 more people on a quarantined cruise ship have tested positive for the virus that causes the new disease known as COVID-19. https://t.co/ze62eXcBBA
— The Associated Press (@AP) February 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired