VIDEO: 3 infants in same NICU die from bacteria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Eight premature infants were infected with a waterborne bacteria while in a neonatal intensive care unit. Three of the infants have died.
The babies were in the NICU at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania.
The article goes on to state the following:
Out of “an abundance of caution,” the medical center will temporarily direct mothers who are delivering prematurely — before 32 weeks gestation — to other area facilities, the center reported.
“It’s really too soon to say exactly where the organism is coming from,” Dr. Mark Shelley, director of infection prevention at Geisinger, said.
The facility is working with the state health department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to prevent additional cases.
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- UPDATE: Identity, details emerge on MillerCoors employee who shot dead five colleagues
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar tweets: ‘This is what America looks like’ [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Authorities trying to locate hundreds of cruise ship passengers after American traveler tested positive for coronavirus
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- REPORT: Coca-Cola reveals how coronavirus is about to make major impact on their product
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start