VIDEO: 3 infants in same NICU die from bacteria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Eight premature infants were infected with a waterborne bacteria while in a neonatal intensive care unit. Three of the infants have died.
The babies were in the NICU at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania.
The article goes on to state the following:
Out of “an abundance of caution,” the medical center will temporarily direct mothers who are delivering prematurely — before 32 weeks gestation — to other area facilities, the center reported.
“It’s really too soon to say exactly where the organism is coming from,” Dr. Mark Shelley, director of infection prevention at Geisinger, said.
The facility is working with the state health department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to prevent additional cases.
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race