VIDEO: Cargo ship overturns near Georgia port, 4 crew members missing, Coast Guard says
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Four crew members are unaccounted for after a large cargo ship overturned and caught fire near a major port in Georgia early Sunday, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard’s Seventh District said on Twitter that it was joined by local agencies with “multiple rescue assets” on the scene after the Golden Ray cargo vessel was “listing heavily” near St. Simons Sound in Brunswick, Ga.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Coast Guard said there were 23 crew members and one pilot on board. All but four crew members have been safely evacuated from the ship, a 656-foot vehicle carrier.
“We’re still conducting rescue operations. They continue to do what they can,” Coard Guard Lt. Llyod Heflin said at a Sunday afternoon news conference. “It is a complex situation.”
#Update Evacuations of the Golden Ray’s crew continue. All vessel traffic in the Port of Brunswick is currently suspended unless approved by the @USCG Captain of the Port. #HappeningNow pic.twitter.com/F7JbdGCShU
— USCGSoutheast (@USCGSoutheast) September 8, 2019
— Orlando Sentinel (@orlandosentinel) September 8, 2019
The Coast Guard says 20 of the 24 people aboard a cargo ship that overturned off the coast of Brunswick, Ga., have been accounted for. They’re still working to determine the cause of the incident. https://t.co/S0mhi4uZqn
— NPR (@NPR) September 8, 2019
Rescuers were searching Sunday for four crew members of a cargo ship that overturned and caught fire near a port on the Georgia coast, the U.S. Coast Guard said.https://t.co/9zKhpwgfmY
— WTVC NewsChannel 9 (@newschannelnine) September 8, 2019
Coast Guard searches for four missing crew members after 656FT cargo ship carrying vehicles turns on its side off the Georgia coast https://t.co/rcDEKwSUjj
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) September 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
- REPORT: McCabe laments: ‘I don’t think I will ever be free of this president’