VIDEO: Climate Change Protesters Splash Wall Street Icon with ‘Blood’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
On Monday, hundreds of members of the radical environmental group Extinction Rebellion arrived in New York City’s Financial District where some of them targeted Wall Street’s Charging Bull statue and poured fake blood all over it.
Extinction Rebellion has used fake blood frequently to dramatize their frenzy over climate change; in Manhattan, many of the protesters poured fake blood on themselves and lay in the street for a “die-in.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Justin Becker, an organizer of the New York protest, stated that Wall Street was targeted because it has ties to the fossil fuel industry, adding, “A lot of blood has been spilled by the decisions of the powerful and the status quo and the toxic system that we live in.” An Extinction Rebellion spokesman added, “There will be broad disruption of business as usual. Frankly we don’t have time to wait for an opportune moment. Climate breakdown is under way and we can’t afford to wait.” 26 people were arrested on Monday.
On Extinction Rebellion’s website, they state:
Our current systems of governance are compromised by a focus on profits and economic growth. Politicians can be influenced by lobbies of powerful corporations and the media are hampered by vested interest of corporate advertisers undermining our democratic values. We have run out of the luxury of time to react incrementally. We must radically and immediately begin reducing emissions and improving carbon absorption, drawing it down and locking it up again. We must also put a stop to the industries devastating marine and terrestrial habitats in recognition that biodiversity is essential for all life to persist.
Only a peaceful planet-wide mobilization of the scale of World War II will give us a chance to avoid the worst case scenarios and restore a safe climate.
— Cheddar (@cheddar) October 7, 2019
BREAKING: Police arrested 25 people taking part in a climate change protest at the charging bull statue on Wall Street in Lower Manhattan. Authorities say the protesters surrounded the iconic statue and threw red paint on it. https://t.co/yPhWV6RkLe
— Eyewitness News (@ABC7NY) October 7, 2019
Twenty-six demonstrators arrested for pouring fake blood on Wall Street’s Charging Bull statue during clime change protest https://t.co/c0pOoC9u9u
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback