VIDEO: Cousin of Mexican cartel victims calls for help from Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Daniel Lebaron, a cousin of Rhonita Maria Miller, says his family would not leave their home in Sonora, Mexico, after a deadly cartel attack earlier this week killed nine of his family members — including Miller.
A suspect was arrested Wednesday near the Arizona border with Mexico in connection with the deaths, six of whom were children. The victims’ convoy came under fire during the day in an ambush by gunmen believed to be affiliated with a drug cartel.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a phone interview with “America’s Newsroom’s” Bill Hemmer, Lebaron said that the family was still trying to sort out why it happened.
“We thought it might have been mistaken identity,” he told Hemmer. “Now we’ve had quite a bit of evidence that once the attack began, they continued it, knowing that there were women and children in the vehicles. So, as far as why it happened — we’re not sure yet. But it definitely was not crossfire between cartels. This was a direct attack, apparently, from the one cartel.”
Lebron said they’re hoping the U.S. will get involved. “We know that President Trump offered his help…. So we’re hopeful that at some point the Mexican government will come to its senses and in some way accept some help,” he said.
WATCH the video below for his full remarks:
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi unveils new $3 trillion coronavirus relief plan [READ IT HERE]
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ Panel Explodes After Donna Brazile Says THIS About the First Amendment
- REPORT: Judge orders State Department to produce Ukraine documents
- VIDEO: Police release redacted bodycam footage following death of George Floyd
- REPORT: These Obama officials are on GOP senators’ list for subpoenas amid Obama-era probe