VIDEO: Day care worker charged with murder in death of 4-month-old baby
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
A 19-year-old old day care worker in Delaware has been charged with murder in the death of an infant under her watch.
Police responded to a call of an unresponsive 4-month-old girl on Thursday at the Little People Child Development Center in Bear, Delaware, a town just southwest of Wilmington. The infant was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.
The article goes on to state the following:
Dejoynay Ferguson has been charged with the infant’s murder, Delaware State Police announced. Police have accused Ferguson of suffocating the girl, allegedly restricting the infant’s breathing when the baby would not stop crying, NBC Philadelphia reports.
Ferguson told investigators the child was “fussy,” police documents reveal, which is why she put her hand over the girl’s mouth and nose.
Surveillance footage appeared to show Ferguson covering the girl’s mouth for more than three minutes, according to an affidavit obtained by NBC Philadelphia. The baby was apparently moving when Ferguson picked her up, but unresponsive after the day care worker put her down.
Ferguson has been charged with first-degree murder with bail set to $1 million. It was unclear if she had a lawyer.
Delaware State Police have indefinitely suspended the license of the Little People Child Development Center
A woman, 19, was caught on camera killing a 4-month old at a Delaware day care because the girl was crying.
Dejoynay Ferguson “intentionally restricted her breathing until she became unresponsive,” Delaware State Police said in a statement.https://t.co/KzXrTK4f58
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) September 7, 2019
#BREAKING: Investigators say 19-year-old Dejoynay M. Ferguson placed her hands over the baby’s mouth and nose and intentionally restricted her breathing until she became unresponsive. She then placed the baby back in her crib. https://t.co/bNac5I8r83
— CBS Philly (@CBSPhilly) September 6, 2019
A Bear, Delaware childcare center has been shut down indefinitely after a 19-year-old worker was arrested for the murder of an infant at the facility. Dejoynay Ferguson is charged with 1st degree murder and is being held on a million dollar bond. pic.twitter.com/9dMSKXAqxy
— Kimberly Davis CBS3 (@KimberlyDavisTV) September 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Warren issues response to letter from Native American tribes [READ THE LETTER]
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested