UPDATE: VIDEO: Derailed train ignites in ‘billowing’ fireball
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Union Pacific train forced evacuations of residences and schools in Dupo, Illinois, after it derailed and ignited into a fireball that could be observed miles away.
“I was just standing out here working and seen a giant fireball out of the corner of my eye and I looked over and saw smoke billowing and then it started spreading down the tracks about five minutes after that,” Patrick Wilson, a witness to the accident, told KMOV4 Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Union Pacific released a statement saying the train contained a “flammable liquid” that caused the massive fireball.
“Around 12:45 p.m., a derailment occurred in Union Pacific’s Dupo Yard near Carondelet Avenue between Main and Adams Road. Both crossings are closed. The train was being built for departure at the time of the derailment, which caused a tank car to catch fire. Initial information from the scene indicates that the tank car contains a flammable liquid called methyl isobutyl ketone. It is typically used as a solvent.”
“Union Pacific is working with area first responders to put out the fire. Our yard and nearby intermodal ramp were safely evacuated. At this time, no injuries have been reported,” the statement said.
NEW: Several cars in a Union Pacific freight train hauling a flammable liquid derailed in an Illinois suburb outside St. Louis and caught fire, sending a plume of black smoke into the air and prompting the evacuation of nearby schools and residences. https://t.co/OHNXp44gqB pic.twitter.com/RwAsUvGc7j
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) September 10, 2019
— KMOV (@KMOV) September 10, 2019
A freight train derailed and caught fire near Dupo, Illinois https://t.co/pUPGvk1uTl
— kcranews (@kcranews) September 10, 2019
Black smoke and flames belched from a derailed train in Dupo, Illinois, a city across from St. Louis https://t.co/QB0v61F9gC
— CNN (@CNN) September 10, 2019
A freight train derailed in Dupo, Illinois Tuesday causing train cars to engulf in flames and nearby homes to evacuate. https://t.co/J7AHMNjkDM
— WFLA NEWS (@WFLA) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested
- BREAKING: ‘Surgery is imminent’: Fox Nation host reveals she’s getting treatment for brain tumor