VIDEO: Germany’s Angela Merkel rails against free speech, Trump Jr. responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Chancellor Angela Merkel railed against free speech in the German parliament, declaring that freedom of expression which offends “the dignity of other people” must be censored to secure a truly free society.
“We have freedom of expression,” the migrant crisis architect began dubiously, in a speech to the German federal parliament, or Bundestag, uploaded to social media by state broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW).
The article goes on to state the following:
“For all those who claim that they can no longer express their opinion, I say this to them: If you express a pronounced opinion, you must live with the fact that you will be contradicted. Expressing an opinion does not come at zero cost!” she warned ominously, to applause from the assembled politicians.
Merkel then added the line that raised many eyebrows: “But freedom of expression has its limits. Those limits begin where hatred is spread. They begin where the dignity of other people is violated! This house will and must oppose extreme speech. Otherwise our society will no longer be the free society that it was.”
Donald Trump Jr. responded to a video of Merkel’s speech by tweeting, “Wow… well at least they’re not even pretending anymore. The left will stop at nothing till they have full control of how you’re allowed to think.”
Wow… well at least they’re not even pretending anymore. The left will stop at nothing till they have full control of how you’re allowed to think. https://t.co/PEqxnaH33K
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) November 30, 2019
“Hate speech” is defined by those with the power to legislate against it.
The state must never be trusted to set the limits of acceptable speech.
It is very sinister to see such authoritarian ideas endorsed in the name of “freedom”.pic.twitter.com/eaVIZot7Pg
— Andrew Doyle (@andrewdoyle_com) November 29, 2019
‘Freedom of Expression Has Its Limits!’ – Merkel Rails Against Free Speech https://t.co/7hNcECE4Bj
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices
- JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
- REPORT: Adam Schiff proposes method to overrule Republicans and settle dispute over witnesses