VIDEO: Heart-stopping moment 3-YO rescued after being snatched from front yard
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WFTV.COM:
Police said Madeline Mejia, 3, was abducted from her father’s front yard on East Orange Street in Apopka around 6 a.m. Monday.
Her father, Lester Mejia, said he was running into the house for his keys after loading his daughter into the car. Next, he heard her scream, then he ran outside and saw a black Honda with Texas plates driving away with her.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mejia followed the car to I-75, and then had to go back home when he realized he didn’t have his cellphone.
Authorities tracked the vehicle down around 5 hours later, 250 miles away, near Tallahassee on Interstate 10.
When the AMBER Alert went out, FDLE agents took to the air in our Cessna, searching for the suspects’ vehicle,” Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) reported. “Upon locating the vehicle, they radioed ahead to FDLE’s Tallahassee Regional Operations Center, who notified other law enforcement in the Tallahassee area of the suspects’ location.
“FDLE agents and Florida Highway Patrol troopers who were in the area looking for the missing child were then able to stop the vehicle on I-10 in Tallahassee, apprehending the suspects and safely recovering the child.”
They shared the following photo of the rescue, captioned: “The moment our agents recovered Madeline Mejia this morning!”
“They arrested four people, including 19-year-old Kevin Olmeda-Velis and 18-year-old Tania Fortin-Duarte,” the Daily Mail reported. “The other two men who were taken into custody have not been named.”
The 3-year-old was reunited with her family on Monday night
“It was anguish not knowing what was happening to my daughter,” Mejia said. “I’m happy for my baby coming back.”
FDLE also wrote:
“Great job to the many FDLE members who helped recover three-year-old Madeline Mejia during this morning’s AMBER Alert!
“Thanks to Apopka Police Department, FHP and all of our law enforcement partners who worked together to quickly resolve this AMBER Alert! And thanks to everyone who helped us spread the word about the AMBER Alert on social media and beyond! #FLAMBER.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WFTV.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani predicts Trump will be ‘totally vindicated’ by ‘smoking gun’ in Hunter Biden probe: ‘We’ve got the documents’
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired