VIDEO: Here’s the moment Michael Cohen returns home from federal prison over coronavirus concerns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Michael Cohen, a former personal lawyer to President Trump, was released from federal prison to home confinement Thursday as part of the Justice Department’s push to stem the spread of the coronavirus among inmates, his attorney said.
Jeffrey Levine said he had spoken with Cohen about 9 a.m. The lawyer said he probably would issue a statement later in the day, after speaking further with Cohen.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 in two separate criminal cases. In the first, he admitted to campaign finance violations stemming from payments made before the 2016 election to women who alleged having affairs with Trump years earlier. The president has denied their claims. In the second, Cohen admitted to lying to Congress about a Moscow real estate project Trump and his company pursued while Trump was trying to secure the Republican presidential nomination.
Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison, and has been incarcerated since May 6, 2019. He is now reportedly expected to serve the remainder of his time in home confinement.
NBC News posted a video of the moment Cohen stepped out of a car and returned to his upscale New York City apartment located on Trump Park Avenue. WATCH:
— NBC News (@NBCNews) May 21, 2020
Michael Cohen released from federal prison over coronavirus concerns https://t.co/kjlor5UpJ2
— Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial